Here is a great gift idea! Right now get this Engino Discovering Stem Simple Machines - Mechanisms That Multiply Force Building Kit for only $59.99 (Retail $86.00)! STEM Toys are always a hit!
Recommended Ages: 8+ years
Engino SIMPLE MACHINES set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of "Discovering STEM" series and covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage and are crucial elements of many machines and devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed and convert one type of motion to another.
- Engino brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- Simple Machines combines 5 STEM Mechanic sets into one fantastic set. Discover the functions and uses for Levers(STEM01)-Inclined Planes(STEM02)-Pulley Drives(STEM03)-Cams(STEM04)Worm Drives(STEM05)
- Build 60 working models such as a Scissor Lift, Catapult, Helicopter, Vise, Wind Mill and many, many more
- Manual includes 70 pages of theory and facts, a 16 page quiz, 25 pages of experimental activities illustrating uses Simple Machines, 71 pages of step by step, 3D rendered illustrations
- The booklets provide detailed explanations of the different scientific principles applied and incorporate innovative experimental activities for hands-on learning.
- Quiz sections for each chapter are also available to challenge your newly acquired knowledge!
- Conduct thorough experiments and discover - the three classes of levers and the use of linkages - how to gain mechanical advantage from wheel, axles and inclined planes mechanisms - how to use pulleys to change force and direction of motion - how to use cams and cranks to produce different types of motion - how to calculate gear ratio and how worm drives work.
- Models illustrated online at Engino's website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS.